sábado, 15 de mayo de 2010

La Casa Loca

After these past two days, I can understand why Magda forgets things so easily. With so many things going on in this house, so many tasks to do and so many toques at the door and taking care of Sheila, I find myself forgetting what I was doing.

All of the Sisters of Notre Dame went for a reunion in Piura (northern Peru) this weekend and so I am the charge of the house, along with Sheila (and of course, our grand guards, Chibi and Puka).

Thus far, no grand problems have arisen; just the water running out so having to bombear late at night, slipping on doggy poo while walking to the paton where we bombear and feeling like a total klutz on Friday in general.

Other than that, Sheila is in a great mood this weekend which I am so thankful for. I have to say I had horrible fears of her running out of the house, having one of her moments where she had a breakdown or completely rebelling against me. But she has been in a beautiful mood; smiling, laughing and conversing contentedly. Cassie, a friend staying with us this weekend, Sheila and I all prepared lunch today which turned out yummy! We made quinoa (a common product they grow here) and veggies and lentils (also very common here). Sheila made rocoto molido (a hot salsa type sauce made with rocoto peppers). Spicy but tasty! Though now she claims she wont eat it because it's too spicy! So I told her, "If you don't eat it, whose going to eat it? Magda?" Of course, Sheila says, though I reminded her Magda is not a fan of spicy. Haha. It was nice, girls bonding over cooking. There's something about food that unites... We all enjoy food in this house.

Right now I have to try to get her to go to bed so she will be able to wake up early tomorrow for la misa! I might need luck with that! How wonderful Magda is for being able to take such good care of Sheila everyday, making her meals, giving her medicine, studying with her, talking with her and listening to all of her problems, and giving her so much of her time! I feel a big calling in helping to take care of Sheila. I am getting to know her a bit more everyday and she said she thinks of me as her sister which is so touching.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario