jueves, 6 de mayo de 2010

Weeks weaving

Art classes suit me; the need to always be moving, seeing creativity blossom in unexpected corners, always having a student poking me, tugging my shirt or saying, "Senorita Kimiko, Senorita Kimiko" to ask me a question. But I've found there's always something for me to do in art classes.





These past couples of weeks during art classes, students have been making presents for Mother's Day. The third graders created placemats, weaving a border around the edge and decorating it with hearts and flowers after. It was a big project with a lot of exasperated sighs, tangled and knotted wool, crooked lines, ripped edges and the classroom floor looking like an explosion of wool, fabric, and pieces of plastic/Styrofoam. In the end, the placemats turned out really nice; and Professor Diana dressed them up; putting them in plastic bags, along with cards the kids colored, tied with a red ribbon. What a nice treat for all the mothers!

Friday is going to be a special day with Mexican music and dances to celebrate Mother’s Day. I can’t wait to see the dances! I also have to say that it is fun living right near the Tupac Amaru Park because during many holidays they dance folkloric dances’, dressed in their colorful attire, big groups of people from the neighborhood gathering to watch and music blasting until midnight, loud enough I can easily hear it from my room. Life is always interesting here!








No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario